Slide.Export produces low-rez images, video export fails, images lost on save and other problems
Microsoft has released Knowledgbase article KB 2837627, which includes links to a downloadable patch that fixes the following problems:
- When you use the Slide.Export method in VBA or other programming languages to export a slide as an image file, the image is exported at rather low resolution and upsampled to the resolution you requested. Result: blurry images.
- You can't insert or play YouTube videos.
- When you use Create a Video, the export may fail (due to PowerPoint running out of memory).
- When you try to save a read-only presentation that contains images, the save fails. When you then try to save the presentation as a new presentation, some images may be lost in the saved presentation.
- The Slides.InsertFromFile method causes the file path of the presentation to appear in the Most Recently Used list.
- Object.Copy to insert an object in a presentation may cause the inserted object to become selected.
This update applies only to so-called MSI versions of Office 2013, not Click-to-Run versions. If you have a Click-to-Run version of Office 2013, make sure it's set to receive updates automatically.